All lotions or creams make my feet red and burning

I wonder if anyone else has this problem of anything besides water causing a big red flare of feet and burning pain that lasts for hours… I have tried regular hand lotions, Aragon Oil, and Sunflower Kernal Oil… They all set my feet off immediately… It’s so discouraging because the tips of my toes and my heels are very dry and flaky… Also, I have developed a raised red bump on top of one toe… I have neuropathy in both feet, but initially only had that in the r foot… Now it’s in both feet and has moved on up past my ankles. My doctor, an osteopathy, recently witnessed a hot red flare while I was in his office. He shook his head… and took a picture for his file. I’m taking Gabapentin now, and it seems to help some with the pain at night, so I am able to finally get to sleep… I am on Flexeril and Cymbalta and Magnesium too… Guess I’ve written enough … and I do realize that I’m very fortunate that my problems aren’t worse… So far I don’t have any ulcers and it’s all in my feet… Please refer back to my first sentence if you can offer any advice on that issue…

Any cream on my feet feels like I have put thick socks on my feet. Yuk

We have had the same problems with our daughter who needs to keep her feet moizturised but seems to be allergic to most creams out there. This obviously makes her symptoms more painful. I just wondered if the lotions you use are completley natural or if they have additives in them too? We have found that anything with parrafin is not good and in fact the more natural the better. We were using Aloe Vera Propolis cream and Aloe Vera Gel, and this has worked well so far. However we are also currently facing this problem we are currently facing as we have been advised to stop using these creams as we have to put them on with our hands. They want a spray moisturizer used to avoid too much contact with the skin on our daughters legs, due to a recent infection( not that they know the exact cause of the infection). I’m going to request an allergy blood test for our daughter to see if she is allergic to certain ingredients in creams, might be worth a go!

The feeling of thick socks in my case is how the neuropathy feels… That’s how it started about 7 years ago… I first became aware of the erythormelalgia when I was sitting with my mother during the night… My feet began to burn so much that I would dump her pitcher of water into a plastic pan and soak my feet off and on all night…

I have had bad lower back pain for most of my life, so thought maybe an MRI would show a problem in my spine that would correct the problem… While I do have disc compression, the doctor’s told me that would not cause my foot problem… Part of my concern about the neuropathy and it’s progression had been that it might affect my sphincter muscles eventually. After fighting for some answers for such a long time, I have finally given up looking for answers to prevent any worsening… Now I am only making the effort to keep as comfortable as I can… I take magnesium so that I can have bowel movements and have recently increased the dose… My doctor said there is reason that I can’t continue to use and increase the dose as needed… I am a young 73 years old and look forward to many more years of useful life, in spite of these maladies…

New to the changed site…miss the old one. Anyhow, I’m using Lidocaine 10% compounded cream and it helps. Also, used alpha lipoid acid ALA caps, and it helped, but I had side effects. Now I’m trying marijuana pills. I tried ketamine and amitriptyline cream, but made feet ache. Hope this posts!

I swear by CND Cucumber Heel Therapy. It’s a great moisturizer and I don’t limit it to my feet but I have noticed it really sooths my feet when the skin becomes very sensitized. It has never caused a flare, that is everything else. Sometimes it will actually stop one, at least a mild one temporarily. I can’t wear socks or shoes but I’ve never really had a problem putting lotions on my feet. Of course I only use this or baby lotion. I have tried capsaicin crème and I don’t like that on my feet at all. I use it on my psoriasis too. It doesn’t cure it but it helps the dryness and flaking just as good or better than the prescription crème.