EM and bruising

Hello, all–
Random question, please. Have you noticed an increased tendency to bruise? Or is it my new medication, Pentoxifylline that’s doing it? Thank you!!

I’ve noticed it too. Have you been using cold water? I suspected that might be the culprit. I’ve stopped but the bruising hasn’t left, so I’d be interested in hearing answers on this too.

No, I don’t use cold water, other than swimming every day…

Is that why I seem to bruise so easily? I don’t take the medication but I do have em

WebMD says with regard to pentoxifylline:

Tell your doctor right away if any of these rare but very serious side effects occur: fast/irregular heartbeat, easy bruising/bleeding.

1 Like

:grimacing: Oh my gosh!!! Thank you!!! I’ll call her office right now. Thank you, again!!! Xoxo

Just an update to the bruising situation, ladies and gentlemen–my doctor took me off the aspirin, because she thinks that’s what was causing the bruising… She also cut the pentoxifylline dosage in half, to try and help with some edema. Fingers crossed! :slight_smile:

I have seen a significant rise in both the frequency and colorfulness of bruising since I was diagnosed with EM two and a half years ago. It isn’t clear to me if it is attributable to EM though, since I take aspirin and I am getting older,