Painful swollen line on bottom of foot

Hello! I have been diagnosed with EM for almost two years now, and nothing like this has ever happened before. I have been endlessly Googling my symptoms and cannot find anything, so I am not sure if this is EM related or not, but I thought it was worth asking to see if anyone has had anything like this!

About a month ago, I got a callus-like lump on the inside of my right foot. Since then, a swollen line has formed and it leads up to the middle of the ball of my foot. It is sometimes red and it is always painful (even to the touch), especially when I walk on it or wear uncomfortable shoes. Recently, a lump has begun to form in the middle of the ball of my foot, where the swollen line ends. I have no idea what this is or what could of caused this, but I really want to get out of the pain!

Hi Sara.

So sorry to hear that you're in so much pain. I wonder whether these lumps are neuromas? They can often appear in the ball of the foot. What does your physician say? Given that our feet are often so tender, it can affect how we walk and that places stress where it shouldn't be. Best of luck in finding some relief.

Dragica

HI Sara . This sounds very much like what I had. It took months to diagnose and it was a rare form of ecxema. I could only bear to walk round with my grandsons nappy bags on my feet ! It then changed into painful fluid filled blisters. But once it was treated it did go but took a year. So see your doctor . Good luck.

Patricia

Hello Sara.

I am sorry you have to have more on top of your normal pain.

I have had a strange lump on the left side bottom of my foot near the heal for months. It is firm and I guess callus like. It can hurt when touched but my entire foot /feet hurt all of the time so it is difficult to say if the pain is from the lump or not. I don't have the line you are describing however. I have no idea what it is but I am planning to ask my doctor what she thinks next time I see her. It shouldn't be a callus because I don't wear shoes and rarely walk. When I do walk it isn't far so I am not sure how I could form a callus. please let us know what your doctor thinks about it.

Take care

I also have a lump at the ball of my foot but I do not have the line. The lump appeared shortly after my feet began to turn red and burn. I assume it was a callus developed because of walking differently due to the pain. I hope you are able to find answers.